Visitors crowd Saudi Arabia’s Jazan Honey Festival

RIYADH: The Saudi Foreign Minister strongly condemned a Houthi “terrorist attack” targeting civilian areas and facilities in the United Arab Emirates on Monday.

A drone attack targeting a key oil facility in Abu Dhabi killed three people and sparked another fire at Abu Dhabi International Airport on Monday, police said.

The attack, claimed by the Houthis, also injured six people.

READ MORE

Three people – a Pakistani and two Indians – were killed and six others injured after three tank trucks exploded in the Musaffah ICAD 3 industrial estate near an ADNOC storage unit in Abu Dhabi. Click here to find out more.

During a phone call with his Emirati counterpart, Prince Faisal bin Farhan affirmed the Kingdom’s full solidarity with the United Arab Emirates in the face of all threats to its security and stability.

Prince Faisal stressed that the security of the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia are indivisible and offered his condolences to the families of the victims of “this cowardly terrorist attack”, as well as to the government and people of the United Arab Emirates.

An earlier statement issued by the Kingdom’s Foreign Ministry condemned in “the strongest terms” the “cowardly terrorist attack” that targeted Abu Dhabi International Airport on Monday.

The Kingdom affirmed its full support for the United Arab Emirates in the face of all threats to its security and stability, the statement said.

The statement said that this terrorist act, for which the Houthis are responsible, “reaffirms the danger of this terrorist group and its threat to security, peace and stability in the region and in the world”.

The Kingdom stressed that it continues to confront all terrorist attempts and practices by the Houthis through its leadership of the Coalition to Restore Legitimacy in Yemen.

The Kingdom extended its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims as well as to the government and people of the United Arab Emirates, wishing a speedy recovery to all those injured in the attack.

Gulf condemnation

The United Arab Emirates has said it reserves the right to react after the Houthi attack on Abu Dhabi killed three employees of Abu Dhabi’s national oil company.

“We today condemn the targeting by the Houthi terrorist militia of civilian areas and facilities on UAE soil,” the country’s foreign minister said.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al-Nahyan stressed that the attack will not go unpunished.

The Foreign Ministry described the attack “as a heinous crime committed by the Houthi militia” which goes against international and humanitarian law.

The ministry said the militia continues its crimes unchecked with the aim of spreading terrorism and chaos in the region to achieve its illegal aims and objectives.

He called on the international community to condemn and totally reject these terrorist acts which target civilians and civilian installations.

The ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the families of those who died in the attack and wished those injured a speedy recovery.

Earlier on Monday, Anwar Gargash, diplomatic adviser to the President of the United Arab Emirates, said relevant authorities in the United Arab Emirates were transparently and responsibly dealing with “the Houthi aggression” against civilian facilities in Abu Dhabi.

The militia’s violation of the stability of the region is too small to affect the security and safety of the UAE, he added.

“The fate of this recklessness and reckless madness is death and defeat,” Gargash said.

Bahrain’s Foreign Ministry also condemned the attack and said “the cowardly terrorist attack, which resulted in the death of three civilians and injured others, violates international humanitarian law and all other international laws. “.

The attack “constitutes a flagrant attack on the sovereignty of the UAE, reflecting the insistence of the Houthi terrorist militia to continue its cowardly criminal attacks,” the ministry said.

The ministry called on the international community to take “the necessary measures against the militia, whose hostile acts confirm that it is a terrorist organization that poses a serious threat to the stability and security of the region”.

Kuwait also condemned the attack and targeting of civilian areas in the United Arab Emirates by the Houthi militia.

The country’s foreign ministry said the militias’ continued targeting of civilians and civilian areas and their insistence on violating international law confirms the danger of their behavior and the need for the international community to put an end to it.

The ministry said it supports all measures taken by the UAE to protect its security and stability.

Qatar expressed its strong condemnation and denunciation of the attack and said it considers the targeting of civilian establishments and vital installations a terrorist act that violates all international norms and laws.

The country’s foreign ministry reiterated Qatar’s firm stance on rejecting violence and terrorist acts that target civilians and civilian facilities.

Global condemnation

The UN Secretary General condemned the Houthi attack and urged all parties to exercise maximum restraint.

“Attacks against civilians and civilian infrastructure are prohibited by international law,” Antonio Guterres spokesman Stephane Dujarric said.

“The Secretary-General calls on all parties to exercise maximum restraint and to prevent any escalation in the context of heightened tensions in the region. There are no military solutions to the conflict in Yemen,” Dujarric added.

The United States has strongly condemned “today’s terrorist attack in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates” and will work to hold the Houthi militia accountable after claiming responsibility for the incident, the adviser said on Monday. to National Security Jake Sullivan.

“Our commitment to the security of the United Arab Emirates is unwavering and we stand with our Emirati partners against all threats to their territory,” Sullivan said.

After the attack, the UAE will ask the United States to put the Houthis back on its list of terrorist organizations, Bloomberg reported.

The UAE will work to pressure the UN Security Council over Monday’s strike and the Houthis’ seizure of the Emirati vessel Rwabee earlier this month, a source told Bloomberg.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken also condemned the Houthis’ attack on the United Arab Emirates during a phone call with his Emirati counterpart, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, the Emirates News Agency reported.

The Yemeni foreign ministry said the attack showed the frustration felt by the militia after its recent losses in Shabwa, which was fully recovered from it last week, and in the oil-rich province of Marib.

The ministry renewed its support for the Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates and all the measures taken by the countries to “confront these despicable acts of terrorism, preserve the safety of their citizens and residents on their lands and protect vital installations”.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation strongly condemned the terrorist attack and said it stood in solidarity with the United Arab Emirates and supported all measures the country is taking to protect its security.

The Jordanian Foreign Ministry said the country condemned “this cowardly terrorist attack” and stressed its absolute solidarity with the United Arab Emirates.

“The security of the United Arab Emirates is an integral part of the security of Jordan,” the ministry said.

He offered his condolences to the families of the victims and wished a speedy recovery to the injured.

The European Union condemned the attack and said targeting civilians was “unacceptable”.

The Houthi attack increases the risk of escalating conflict in Yemen and undermines efforts to end the war there, the EU said.

British Foreign Secretary Lizz Truss condemned “in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks claimed by the Houthis against the United Arab Emirates”.

France has condemned “in the strongest terms” the deadly drone attack in Abu Dhabi.
“These attacks threaten the security of the United Arab Emirates and regional stability,” said Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian.
“France expresses its support for the UAE in the face of these attacks,” he said.
Le Drian reiterated his call on the Houthis to “immediately cease their destabilizing actions in Yemen and the region and engage constructively in a political process to end the crisis”.
“France reaffirms its mobilization in favor of a cessation of hostilities throughout the country and a relaunch of talks with a view to a global political agreement under the aegis of the United Nations”, declared the minister.

Algeria also condemned the attack.