Disneyland Paris announced operational changes that will take effect on January 3 to comply with French government guidelines, including the suspension of fireworks shows.
What is happening:
- France is trying to slow the spread of the highly contagious Omicron variant with requirements including face coverings in outdoor spaces and limiting outdoor gatherings to 5,000 people.
- As a result, Disneyland Paris has announced certain operational changes in line with these guidelines, including the suspension of performances of the night fireworks show, Disney illuminations.
- Starting January 3, the following customer experiences will change for at least three weeks:
- Disney illuminations will be suspended
- Frozen: a musical invitation the show at Animation Celebration will be temporarily replaced by Selfie Spots featuring frozen characters
- Bars at Disney Village and Disney hotels will continue to operate with patrons seated only at tables
- Both Disneyland Paris Resort theme parks will continue to operate attractions as usual.
- Despite the cancellation of the fireworks, where guests congregate in large droves, parades will still be held, where guests congregate in smaller numbers along a parade route.